How do you keep from wanting the stuff that everyone else has?


Discovering a New Question to Ask

"We thought we had the answers, it was the questions we had wrong." – Bono

People sometimes ask, "How do you keep from wanting the stuff that everyone else has?"

To be honest, I rarely struggle with that desire anymore. But when I do, I try to remember one thing: Since deciding to live with fewer possessions, I have…

  • more time for my family.
  • fewer things to worry about.
  • more money in savings.
  • more energy to pursue my passions.
  • less clutter in my home.
  • fewer distractions in my mind.
  • more intentionality in life.
  • more generosity in my spending.
  • more contentment in my heart.
  • more gratitude in my soul.
  • and far more opportunity to pursue things of greater worth.

Suddenly, the desire begins to fade away. And as it does, a new question begins to emerge: Why would I want all the stuff that everyone else has when they all want what I already possess?

Image: Eleaf


Original Page: http://www.becomingminimalist.com/?p=8358

Sent from Feeddler RSS Reader




Post a Comment